The minor waiver procedure has changed with SCCA. We need your help to make sure our paperwork is correct and your minor can enjoy the event with you. Please have your paperwork in order before bringing your minor on site. If you have any questions please ask.
- Only necessary for minor drivers (5-17 years old), passengers (12-17 years old or 57” tall) or minor workers (12-17 years old) entering “hot” areas (staging, grid, start, finish, course) that hold an SCCA membership or a weekend membership.
- Children under 12 years old (except Junior drivers) are not permitted in “hot” areas (staging, grid, start, finish, course) per the Solo Rules section 1.3.2.O; a waiver is not necessary for them.
- Use “SCCA Minor Official 1068 09 15” (printed in the lower right corner) for minor drivers (5-17 years old) or minor workers (12-17 years old) when witnessed and signed by an adult SCCA member.
- BOTH parents’ signatures must be present and witnessed. One parent signature on the waiver is not valid.
- Minors must sign the second page and be witnessed.
- The Region should retain the original and send it to SCCA Member Services. A copy (or a second form with “COPY” written on it) can be shown until the hard card is issued.
- If a parent/guardian has sole legal custody, have the parent/guardian complete and sign Waiver - Affidavit of Sole Custody - 2017-04-07 stating he/she has sole custody and no other parent/guardian has a lawful claim to custody of the minor. Only in this case, one parent/guardian signature is acceptable.
Takeaways here are children under 5 aren't allowed in "hot" areas. Minors accessing hot areas need a waiver signed need a weekend membership. Forms must also be in color and not black/white.